Google Powered by Solar
I’d love to install Solar Panels on our house but unfortunately we’re not south facing and there isn’t the clear view of the sky we would need to make it economically viable. I see that Google has decided to generate power in the Mojave desert using solar energy. Using the concept of the magnifying glass and ant but taken to extreme where temperatures in excess of 1000 degrees can be achieved. I really like the map above as it gives an indication of the size of the earth that would need to be covered to generate solar power for the entire world. What a fantastic revenue for sub saharan African countries which could also help them to develop in a sustainable fashion. More info here
- Cricket in Argentina…
- Easter lamb in Argentina
- Misprint or Bad spelling..
- Best Google School Management System
- Great video on learning to learn which is what students would be aware of as well…
- Using #googleglasses for the first time
- Can’t see this working on the streets of Buenos Aires soon
- Chromebooks – A great solution for schools
- Geography Cuff Links!
- Hurlingham Train Station